Dangers of Second-Hand PC Market: (BBC News)
"...Hard drives - the devices that computers use to store all sorts of data - are very easy to get hold of and there is a genuine market for people upgrading their computers with our cast-offs...
They end up in computer markets...all over the world...
The problem comes when someone with a criminal mind accesses the information that is stored on this hard drive...
A single hard drive can have thousands upon thousands of pages of extremely personal information."
"...And remember: the files were recovered from a drive that had been through a tremendous explosion, and then had fallen *several miles* to hit the ground at high speeds and was burnt and twisted almost beyond recognition from the Columbia Space Shuttle.
And they still were able to get more than 90% of the files."
What do we do to GUARANTEE this does not happen to you?
- We offer a physical destruction service for computer hard drives in which we physically destroy the drive platters and Greencycle the rest.
- We accept drives delivered by regular or certified mail, USPS, UPS, FedEx etc.
- We will perform the destruction operations and provide as add-on options, a certificate of destruction and/or we can also return full or partial drive remnants by certified mail.
- Our normal Hard Drive destruction procedure involves drilling the spindle out of the middle of the drive and then physically removing and physically cutting the disc/platters into hundreds of miniscule pieces. Any remnants are disposed of as environmentally friendly as possible, we call it Greencycling.
- We can also accept larger non-standard drives or larger quantities on special order.